1. Find Companies Online – This is the first step to getting cheap car insurance. Simply put, using the internet will allow you to access all of the contact info that you need to get a hold of the companies that service drivers in your area. On top of that, it will allow you to access all of this vital information very quickly.
2. Look for Discounts – After you have located a few insurance companies that work with drivers in your area, you will want to investigate each one to see what their discount programs are like. After all, the discounts are going to be what makes the insurance cheap for you. If you are a good driver, for example, you will want to work with a company that will reward your god driving habits as opposed to a company that will just omit them.
3. Fill out a Free Auto Insurance Quote Request Forms – The next thing you need to do is fill out a form from all of the companies that you are interested in. The form will ask you information about your driving history as well as information about the type of coverage that you want. Make sure to be honest when filling out the form as you do not want to mislead the insurance company. They will ultimately determine what your driving history is and adjust the quote accordingly.
4. Compare Multiple Quotes – After filling out the rate quote request forms you will have to look at each quote to see what it looks like. Make sure to look at the total price as well as the total level of coverage. These two things will be key in determining whether or not the auto insurance is cheap or not.see it from http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/insurance/auto-owners-car-insurance-claims-survey/
5. Adjust Coverage – After you get your quotes back you will want to adjust the level of coverage to make sure that it suits your needs in terms of price. For example, you can lower the overall price of your policy if you raise the deductible. This will help to make the auto insurance much cheaper. Also, you can also change the type of coverage that you were quoted. Instead of full coverage you can opt for just liability coverage that will lower your price. It should be noted, however, that liability coverage is a lower form of coverage that will mean you have to pay more in the event of an accident.
6. Ask Questions – Once you think you have found a policy that you want to buy it is a good idea to ask the agent a few questions. You will want to make sure that he is going to be there for you when you need him the most. Ask about the policy regarding customer service- make sure that you like the answer. There is nothing worse than not being able to get ahold of your car insurance agent when you have just been in an accident.
7. Buy the Policy – The last step is purchasing the cheapest policy that you can find! At the time of purchase make sure that you have enough money to afford the first payment as you will have to pay it immediately.